We look forward to welcoming you to Thenford, Tickets are only available online, we are unable sell tickets on the gate.
Online tickets can be purchased here. In order to plan your route, the satnav reference is OX17 2BX.
Two or three hours can easily be lost in a leisurely walk. The terrain is quite rough, and is not particularly suitable for the disabled. We suggest wearing sturdy shoes or wellington boots for your visit. Please also wear suitable clothing for wet weather conditions.
“The gardens and arboretum at Thenford have proved to be very popular with our guests and we look forward to returning soon.”
Andrew Sharples, Brightwater Holidays
Depending on Covid restrictions, we usually sell refreshments in the Church Barn. All profits from tea sales will go towards our church appeal to replace the stolen lead from the roof of St Mary’s Church, Thenford
- There are toilet facilities in the Church Barn, in the Stable Yard and the Walled Garden area.
- Lord and Lady Heseltine will hope to be present on the day, as will gardeners who will answer any questions you may have.
- Photography is allowed, but please respect the fact that this is very much a private garden; posting photographs on the internet is therefore discouraged.
- Picnics are not allowed anywhere in the grounds, including the churchyard. Sadly we are unable to accommodate dogs (with the exception of registered guide and assistance dogs) and children under 10 years.
- Signed copies of Lord and Lady’s book Thenford: The Creation of an English Garden will be on sale on the day at £30 a copy.
- Smoking, including vaping and the use of e-cigarettes, is not permitted on the Estate.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org but please note the office is not manned at weekends or after 5pm.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel the opening in severe weather conditions. Please check our website the day before you visit if you have any concerns www.thenfordarboretum.com.